Yesterday I went shopping with one of my best friends to help her find some cute spring/summer outfits – I soon realized how different of a style we had (Which is not at all a bad thing). Nearly everything I would pull off the rack and say “How about this?”, I would get the ‘You’ve got to be kidding me..’ look. So, for laughs, she decided to at least try on one outfit I had picked for her. To both of our surprise, she ended up liking it! She didn’t buy the outfit as it was definitely out of her everyday style comfort zone but I think it opened up her eyes to trying new things – With that being said, here are my favorite trends of 2017 so far:
1. Overalls/Dungarees – I believe it was last year that I noticed these were starting come back and I was very unsure of it at that time. As they say, ‘History always repeats itself.’. I started to see more and more people wearing them and loved the way it looked so casual but so fashionable at the same time! :
2. Hunter Boots/Wellies – Yes, I know this is not a new trend for 2017, but its a trend that has continued into 2017 that I absolutely love! Being from one of the rainiest states in America (Washington), rain boots are a necessity for every household. You will definitely get a ton of use out of them and oddly enough they add a bit of elegance to your rainy day outfit:
3. Mesh Leggings – I’ve always been a legging girl so these instantly caught my eye. They are starting to become a lot more popular and add a little extra fierceness to your average black legging. Expect to turn heads and a lot of compliments when wearing these:
4. Oversized Olive Jacket – In my opinion, the best way to pair this jacket would be with a t-shirt dress or a striped shirt and ripped jeans. Ive seen similar jackets in a nude and a rose color which would be just as adorable! Im always drawn to pieces that I could dress up for more semi-formal events or dress down for casual outings – and of course, this is perfect for just that:
5. Rose Gold Accessories – Last but certainly not least, there is just something about rose gold that makes me feel really sophisticated and chic! It is my goto accessory whether it be a necklace, ring, bracelet or watch:
If there are any fashion trends that you feel particularly drawn to, leave me a link in the comments as I am always seeking new styles!
– Makailah ♡